I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) I work within their ethical guidelines.
- First Class Honours Degree in Reflective Therapeutic Practice.
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, University of Derby, Buxton.
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Skills, University of Derby, Buxton.
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Concepts, University of Derby, Buxton
- Emotional freedom Technique (EFT) level 1 & 2
- Certificate in Education and Training
CPD Courses attended
- North East TA conference 2019 : sex and sexuality, self and relating.
- Protecting Vulnerable adults
- Child Protection
- Teaching Grounding Techniques
- Therapeutic Play awareness
- Exploring suicide and self harm in Young people
- Helping children cope with grief and loss
- Introduction to play within therapy
- Meeting at a busy intersection – shattered hopes and dreams
- Working with and understanding the power of your dreams
- Understanding self harm
- Complicated Grief
- Children and young people with Special Educational Needs, including Autistic Spectrum Disorders – supporting them through grief
- Therapeutic sand tray workshop
- Therapeutic outdoor adventure for young people
Workshops and Training I have provided
- We need to talk about sex
- Trauma and Dissociation
- Understanding emotional abuse
- Healing the wounded inner child
- Living with a partner who has died
- How children grieve
- Working with complicated grief
As well as my private practice, I have worked in a variety of settings. Much of my work has been with adults and children in hospice settings, which I still do to date. Since 2011 I have provided 1 to 1 counselling to adults and young people in the bereavement and palliative care services, and those related to persons with life limiting illnesses. Alongside this I have experience of facilitating therapeutic group work and writing and delivering training workshops as half of the Heal and Learn Foundation.
Additionally, I was a volunteer counsellor for a young persons charity based in Cheshire. I also acted as a mentor, benefitting small groups of young people in secondary schools through the use of creative media.
My experience also includes fulfilling the delivery of a successful new 8 month project, providing counselling for 5 – 18 year old in Staffordshire. This project went on to successful renewal and expansion.
I am fully insured and have Enhanced DBS certificate